We celebrated the last family b'days for a while and I am looking forward to recovering.
5 b-days, x-mas and an anniversary has done a bit of damage to the pocket book.
Steve and Tanner were able to go help storm victims in KY this weekend. I am so glad our church gives us the opportunity to do so, pics coming soon.
Steve leaves this Friday for Germany. This time I will be much better prepared. A few meals cooked and in the freezer, cleared my calendar of any extra activities, and have had the TALK with the kids about helping out. Anytime Steve has left for more than a week I really seen to fall apart. I guess one week is my max. I don't know how women do it with hubbys that travel all the time. I really like having mine home! We all have different strengths, and raising a family by myself is not one of mine.
We have moved from basketball (Tanner's Jr.High team took 1st place in the county tourney), right into baseball. Tanner has his first jamboree in two weeks. Gracie is trying girls softball this year, Lane and MJ will be on the same baseball team. I can't wait to see them all play. Paige and Braden are just hanging out and supporting the concession stands this year. ;)
I decided not to continue with teaching pre-school after the holidays and I don't regret it one bit. I have a since of freedom now. The weather has given us glimpses of spring and I am ready to be outside again. The other day Paige was convinced that it was warm enough to wear her bathing suit outside. After a bit of arguing she did change. A friend said I should have let her go out in it and that she would have changed her mind pretty quickly, would have saved me some hassle. I am so glad I have smart mom friends!




No comments:
Post a Comment