Friday, May 2, 2008

YUMMY!


Can you tell which basket MJ and P picked and which one we bought prepicked? :)
This is only a quarter of the cake on a dinner plate. It really is HUGE!


They might want to concider weighing the children before and after picking!



The Simmons and Myers families made our 2nd annual trip to Pott's Strawberry Farm in Wartrace. It's a great outing. We pick, we eat, we pick, we eat some more, and then we have a picnic there at the farm. This year we splurged and split a deliciously huge strawberry cake. I wish I had taken a picture of it before we split it and I wish I could download it's wonderful aroma. We were able to dodge the bad weather and had a lovely time. The strawberries are going fast and so is the cake. I love finding hidden treasures like this one, check it out.

7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

what a fun outing! mercy, that cake looks amazing! we love to do the berry picking, too. wonder if we've missed the texas strawberries already??

Jan said...

This sounds wonderful. As for Natalie's question above - I don't think it's over yet. We need a trip to the strawberry patch!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun!! Are you giving out the cake recipe?

Jen said...

how fun. We just went this morning. I even actually made freezer jam. I am feeling so very proud and domestic. Your girls are so cute.

The Peters Family said...

CUTE KIDS! I could eat that cake for breakfast,lunch and dinner.

The Checks Mix said...

How fun! I always wanted to go to the Strawberry festival in Wartrace! That cake looks SO yummy!

Leslie Behunin said...

So I keep coming back to this post JUST to look at that strawberry cake!!! It looks SOOO good!